Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Philippine Culture Class

I was one of the foreign lecturer invited by EGG-- a voluntary group for international understanding-- to teach about the Philippine cultures today at Anzai Elementary School in Aoi District.
I was assigned to teach the grade 5 class. The class went pretty well. They seem amused to Philippine costumes, enjoyed playing Jack stones and loved the Philippine snacks I brought for them like chippy and fish crackers.
I am thankful to EGG staff and my facilitator, Kaneyama san who picked me up and drived me back home. She trully helped and supported me a lot that made our class smooth and convincing!
The classroom
Philippine costumes demonstrations

The class

Kids practising how to play Jack's Stone.

The kid who won the Jack Stone competition! He played up to two rounds. Quite amusing for someone who had no experience and only practice playing the stuff in less than 5 minutes.

Kids demonstrating the preparation of Japanese tea.

My co-lecturer from Brazil, Korea and Belgium and the EGG facilitators with observer from Romania.

Till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment