Friday, November 06, 2009

My first visit to Nanako chan's home!

I traveled by train today to Fujieda City. Well... I actually visited my close Japanese friends, Nanako chan and her mama to their home and gosh... I did had a great time with them.
It was our plan already that Nanako chan will teach me the easy way of cooking Paella in her home. Well, she did it not in paella pan but in hot pot and it's cool! Here's the easy way of Paella cooking by Nanako chan and her mama:
1. Heat olive oil in the hot pot, then saute garlic.
2. Add chicken, saute until brown all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Steam in 60cc of cooking wine or sake
4. Set aside the chicken when tender.
5. Saute vegetables (tomatoes, asparagus, bell pepper)
Add 2 cups of water and 1 table spoon of Paella mix

Paella mix... this is the secret ingredient...LOL!

6. Add 2 cups of rice. Cook in medium heat for about 4 minutes.
7. Add clams. Cook in lower heat for about 10 minutes.
8. When clams opened... arranged them on top of the rice with the chicken pieces.
9. Steam for 3 minutes. Then serve it while hot!

Nanako's original paella! She did it... really yummy!!!

Mother's taste... Okaasan's ODEN... great!

It's autumn! Fruits on autumn season!

with Nanako chan and her mama... they're super duper!

My omiage from them... autumn DA YO!

I am really grateful to the wonderful reception of Nanako chan and her dear mama.

I did enjoy our lunch and coffee time! Well... we enjoyed our conversations also... and it was a great chance for us to know more about each others. We did talk about some planning also about our trip together... where and when... well, to be announced soon! heheh! Good for those who knows already! LOL!

Looking forward to visiting them again in the near future.

Nanako chan was sooo nice coz she's willing to adopt me to their home just in case I run-away from my home...heheh! Well... they have plenty of rooms anyway... they have a lovely house... home sweet home!

No comments:

Post a Comment